Doctor Martin Harris
- Dr Harris is a medical practitioner based in Golders Green, North West London.
- He has over 40 years of experience in General Medical Practice.
- He has an Honorary Contract with the Department of Urology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children in London.
- Formerly a lecturer in the Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences (Department of General Practice) at the Royal Free Hospital & University College Hospital Medical Schools, London(1981-2005).
- Qualifications include a Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours), London University(1971).
- Qualified in medicine in 1976 from The (Royal) London Hospital MB BS (London) LRCP (London) MRCS (England).
- Qualified in 1981 as a Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners MRCGP. I was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine in 2002.
- Quaified in 2023 as a New Medical Examiner for death certification, Royal College of Pathologists RCPathME.
- Memberships of professional bodies/associations also include British Medical Association, Medical Defence Association, MDU and General Medical Council.
- He has been a clinical assessor to the Independent Review Panel UK since 1996 and is an appointed external professional advisor (EPA) to the Office of the Health Service Commissioner (Ombudsman).
- Dr Harris has also provided medico-legal reports for solicitors, Courts, Coroners, insurance companies, employers and others – involving criminal, civil, family matters and clinical negligence.
He currently write reports. Court attendance required (twice in the last three years). In civil cases, approximate proportions are 60% claimant, 35% defence and 5% single joint expert. In criminal cases, prosecution and defence reports are approximately equal.
Dr Harris has a particular interest in the preparation of medical reports for legal purposes, including on a ‘Single Joint Expert’ basis.
Memberships of professional bodies/associations include the Expert Witness Institute (EWI), the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA). I am listed in the ‘UK Register of Expert Witnesses' (JS Publications).
Doctor Martin Harris is a highly experienced private GP in London who offers a convenient and personalised healthcare service that can come to you in the comfort of your own home.
With his 'home visits' service, you can enjoy receiving medical attention without having to leave your house.
HealthScreens & Checkups
Dr Harris offers a wide range of private health screens when you require a full check-up.
All health checks are carried out by Dr Harris, an experienced doctor who can advise you on issues ranging from lifestyle, family history, risk factors, and general medical advice.
Dr. Harris provides medico-legal reports for solicitors, courts, insurance companies, employers, and others involving criminal, civil, and family matters and clinical negligence.
Cases include prison/YOI visits, coroner’s courts for death certification, asylum refugee and immigration cases.